2. Controller of Personal Data
2.1. For the purpose of the compliance with the data protection regulation, Ranka Kustannus Oy (1468696-3) is the data controller (we refer to us as “we”, “us” or “our”). This means that we are responsible for your personal data. If you have any questions about our privacy policies and you want to be in contact with us, you can reach us from:
2.2. We follow and operate under the GPDR guidelines.
3. Purpose of the Collection of Personal Data and Legal Basis
3.1. We collect and process your personal data only in accordance with the following purposes:
- To provide you information on our services;
- To respond to your queries;
- To provide you with information on the relevant Ranka Kustannus artists;
- To allow you to interact with our site, for example, filling in forms;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- If you have applied for a job at Ranka Kustannus, to review, verify, and evaluate your job application information
3.2. The legal basis for our processing of your personal data is consent from you. You always have the right to withdraw your consent. In order to remove your consent, you can always reach us at:
4. What data do we collect?
4.1. We may collect and store personally identifiable data such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other identifiable personal data which is voluntarily submitted by you when you use our website.
4.2. With your consent, we may also collect personal data for marketing purposes to directly advertise, for example our new artists, by mail. If you are under 16-years old, this consent must be given by your legal guardian.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
5.2 What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
5.3 How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
5.4 Privacy policies of other websites
5.6 How to contact us
5.7 How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Ranka Kustannus has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
6. Transfer of personal data
6.1. The collected personal data may be transferred to employees and our business partners in order to deliver a service to us or on our behalf in accordance with applicable data protection laws. The transfer of personal data is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including that transfers are made under data processor agreements, to ensure that personal data is not processes for other purposes than clearly stated and to ensure adequate security measures.
7. Securing of personal data
7.1. We will implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processes. Your personal data will be stored in a secure environment and treated confidentially.
8. Your rights as a data subject
8.1. You have the right to:
- Request access to the personal data concerning you;
- Rectification or erasure of your personal data;
- Restriction of processing;
- Object to processing;
- Data portability;
- Where the processing is based on your consent, withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal,
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
8.2. If you wish to use your above-mentioned rights, you can contact us using the contact details under section 2.1. We will answer your request without delay, but at the latest within one month after the request.